Our Cookies Policy
What are cookies?
A cookie is a piece of information contained in a very small text file that is stored on your computer. Cookies allow a website to identify a user's device whenever that user returns to the website and are commonly used in order to make websites work more efficiently and enrich the user experience, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Cookies Insurami uses
Below is a list of the main cookies that we use on Insurami websites. Please note that we may from time to time modify or update our cookies. When that happens, we will update this list accordingly.
As explained on the Purpose Classifications developed by The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) UK, cookies can have 4 purposes:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance, which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don't collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your username, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
In specific, the cookies we use on our website are the following
- _ga and _gid: These cookies are associated with Google Analytics and they are used to improve website performance and to calculate visitor, session and campaign data for the site’s analytics.
- _intercom: This cookie is used to collect information about how visitors use our website. Intercom is used to provide website users with chat support.
How to control cookies
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
Remember: If you limit the ability of websites and applications to set cookies, you may make your overall user experience worse and/or this can prevent you to access the services because they will no longer be personalised to you.